Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Post eh?


I love games, I love making games.


I love board games, card games, video games, collectable games, retro games, video games, live action games, and the list goes on. Is there nothing better than opening up a new rulebook, game manual or sealed set and savouring that anticipation of good things to come?


Ha, I have other passions, but if I could dedicate my life to something, it would be creating the ultimate gaming experience that everyone could participate in and enjoy, really bring gaming above and beyond the level of film and music, renew mankind's oldest passtime of play. Children play, dogs and cats play, why dont we adults do it more if it made us so happy?


Now that I've firmly established that, Hi, I'm Tyler, a 22 year old aspiring game designer from Canada. An adventuring hard-working metal-head gamer trying to make a name for himself in the games industry. It's really all I've ever wanted to do. I can remember when I was 8 years old designing weapon ideas for an Eastern-Style Console RPG at my cottage up in North Ontario. I can remember when I was 12 and discovered emulation and ended up going through dozens of SNES games in a summer. I remember when I was 16 and downloaded RPG Maker, trying to make the next big hit for myself to enjoy. Trouble was I knew where all the hidden chests were.


I can remember watching the behind the scenes VHS for Donkey Kong for the SNES and being blown away at people being payed to play games. I remember opening my first booster pack of Magic: The Gathering. I remember watching the animated Legend of Zelda series. I remember seeing the Live Action Super Mario movie. I remember playing Risk with my cousins and designing maps on the Warcraft II Map Editor.


With the end of university just around the corner, now the real fun begins!


-Tyler

No comments: